Saturday, April 18, 2020

A Pharmacist


Patient-pharmacist (or any other healthcare profession) is an essential encounter in the smallest level possible. This means every single detail a patient gives to the healthcare providers; it might make a huge different in the course of treatment. On the other hand, when patient encounters a healthcare provider; the interaction will be more important to the patient on the microscopic level, so healthcare providers have to be more aware of themselves during the interaction as all details would be remembered by the patient. I had a bad experience myself when I visited a dentist last year. As a new walk in patient, I gave the dentist a call before I go to make an appointment and to ask whether they accept my insurance or not. As in the phone they mentioned that they accept my insurance, so I moved forward and made the appointment. When I went for my appointment and I handed my insurance, they mentioned that they do not accept my insurance. (in fact, they did, but the lady sitting there did not bother to take the extra time to confirm as they just start dealing with this insurance company). I was explaining that I talked to X person and he said you accept my insurance, and they mentioned that they do not accept. Thankfully, by that time, the manager passed by and asked what the issue and he is mentioned that they do accept the insurance as they just added this insurance company. Once I went in to meet with the dentist and finish the procedure I came for, we briefly talked about estimated cost I will end up paying after the insurance approval, and based on this information, I agreed to move forward with the procedure. However, after we finished and I went to pay, there was a huge charge double than the price we talked about. I was shocked so I went to ask about what happened, but all what they said that there was some complications happened during my procedure (I do not know what sort of complications, but all what they know and mentioned was “some complications”). This was a huge inconvenient and I felt as I am used. I think by putting just some extra work and concerns, they would have gained me as a person/patient/costumer and I would have recommended them to others, but with my experience with them, this of course will not happen. I think putting just some extra time to explain, reach to the patient and give the full information needed would make a huge difference and avoid any misunderstanding or inconvenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment