I honestly have not thought of what will happen to any of my
stuff after my death, and my social medial presence is one of them. It is
difficult to imagine that one day I will be transforming from this world to
another one leaving all my things behind. I am not saying this in a greediness
way, but it is just I am wondering of what will happen, especially, if I pass
away while I am here studying abroad away from my home and family.
Regardless of what I would like to happen to all my other
things, I do not want my social media existence to be available after my death.
As what I know about Facebook, my profile would be still available for people
to see what I have posted before, but it will mention in the top of the profile
that this person is no longer alive by writing “remembering”. Even though I was
that person who owned that profile, but I do not want any of my family,
relatives, or friends to feel sad/low every time they cross the account. I
remember when my brother passed away nine years ago, it was written
“remembering” on the top of his Facebook profile and that used to bring all the
memories we had and put me in a low mood for a while. Of course it was nice
that Facebook reminded me of my brother and all the memorize we had since we
just first came to this world, however; it used to put me in sad mood for a
long time that I do not feel like worth living without him. I still love my
brother and remember him and visit his grave every time I go back my home, but
this dose not mean I would like to keep feel the same way every time I cross
his profile. So, I do not think the social media existence is the best way to
remember him. I always pray for him and include him in any of my prayers and I
think that worth more than seeing his account in Facebook.
Thankfully, I do not have a lot of accounts in social media,
so not many platforms that I am present in that people might cross me a lot in
them. I would like all those accounts to be closed and deleted, and I do not
want anyone to manage them because I do not have anything to be managed as for
now. In addition, in case someone has to take over the accounts, I would like
this person to be my father and the only thing I would ask him to do is to
clear everything in the account and close it. As I mentioned above, the story
of my brother has brought to my attention that I do not want people to feel sad
for any reason if they come cross my accounts after my death. Again, this dose
not mean they do not remember me, but I do not think social media accounts are
the best way to remember someone. Prayers and photo albums that you can see
every once in awhile are the best ways to remember someone, in my opinion. For
about three years after my brother passed away, I used to gather his friends
and my friends and some family members in the same day he passed away, and we
used to do different prayers and share some stories and remember him as still a
loved one, a loved soul that flying within and around us at that time.
No comments:
Post a Comment